An online event organized on the occasion of Posidonia Web Forums Week
Experienced executives from the shipping industry discuss why Safety should still be a top priority for the industry and how Human Performance can be maximized in challenging times.
- How have recent developments regarding ship inspections affected the shipping industry in terms of safeguarding a management company’s safe operation of its fleet?
- What are the most valuable lessons learnt for the shipping sector, with regards to the recent spread of the pandemic?
- How did the industry manage the psychological support of crews that had faced long delays in their replacement?
- Are young mariners sufficiently trained in order to face the safety requirements of today’s shipping operations?
- Maja Markovčić Kostelac, Executive Director, EMSA
- Andreas Hadjipetrou, Managing Director, Columbia Shipmanagement
- Suzanna Laskaridis, Director, Laskaridis Shipping
- Milena Pappas, Commercial Director, Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Spyridon Tarasis, General Manager, Olympic Vision Maritime Company Inc & Vice-Chairman, INTERCARGO
- Prof. George Theocharidis, Professor of Maritime Law & Policy, World Maritime University
- Paillette Palaiologou, Vice President Marine & Offshore Division, HBSA Zone, Bureau Veritas
Date: 26 October 2020